The School of Pharmaceutical sciences of Shandong University was first founded in 1920 and is one of the earliest pharmacy schools in China. During the adjustment of China’s education system in 1952, the school was combined with the department of East China Bethune Medical College and named as the Department of Pharmacy of Shandong Medical College. In 1955, after the readjustment, its faculty and students were divided and transferred to Nanjing College of Pharmacy, Shenyang College of Pharmacy, and Sichuan Medical College. In 1971, the Department of Pharmacy of Shandong Medical College was reestablished in Loude, Tai'an City, Shandong Province. In December 1997, the school was renamed as the Faculty of Pharmacy of Shandong Medical University. In July 2000, the merger of Shandong University with Shandong Medical University and Shandong University of Technology resulted in the establishment of the present School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Shandong University.