Xiu-Li GUO, Ph.D, Professor
Name: Xiu-li Guo
MD, Ph.D, Professor
Head ofInstitute of New Drug Pharmocology
School of Pharmaceutical Science
No. 44, WenHua Xi Road, Jinan, 250012
2001—2004: PhD. Pharmacology, OceanUniversity of
1991—1994: MMedSc. Pharmacology, ShandongMedicalUniversity, Jinan,
1987—1991: BSc. Pharmacy, ShandongMedicalUniversity, Jinan,
2007.09-Date:Professor in Pharmacology, Head of Institute of New Drug Pharmacology, School of Pharmaceutical Science, Shandong University.
2001.9 - 2007.8: Associate Professor, Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmaceutical Science, Shandong University.
2006.3 - 2007.3: Visiting Scholarin Liverpool University, UK
1996.9 - 2001.8: Lecturer, Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmaceutical Science, Shandong University.
1994.9 - 1996.8: Assistant, Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmaceutical Science, Shandong Medical Univ.
1. “Mechanism of galectin-3 on the metastasis of breast cancer with high MUC1 expression and associated drugs.” funded by National Science Foundation of China, 2014.1-2017.12.
2.“Preclinical drugability study of DLJ14 as a novel anti-tumor resistant reversal agent” funded by Shandong Province Science and Technology Key Project, 2015.1-2017.12.
3. “Development of T-2 Trichothecenes (TypeⅠantitumor biotech drug)” funded by the subtopic of Special innovation of major national pharmaceutical drug research, 2012.1-2015.6.
4. “Targeting prostate cancer cells with receptor guided nanoparticles using docetaxel” funded by Shandong University-South Australian University healthy study center. 2014.1-2015.12
5.“Multi-targeting reversal activity studies of the novel stilbene derivatives containing Ligustrazinyl group on tumor multi-drug resistance”, funded by National Science Foundation of China, 2010.1-2012.12.
6. “Study on anti-vascular dementia effects and molecular mechanism of Ligustrazine derivatives”, funded by National Science Foundation of China, 2007.1-2009.12.
7.“The role of PTEN gene in AngⅡ induced vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation and migration”, funded by Shandong Province Outstanding Young Scientists Research Award Fund Project, 2010.1-2012.12.
8.“Relation of PTEN expression and activity and angiotensinⅡinduces proliferation and migration of vascular smooth muscle cells.”, funded by Science Foundation of Shandong University, 2010.1-2012.12.
9.“Study and development of anti-tumor candidates L-16”, funded by Special innovation of major national pharmaceutical drug research, 2010.1-2012.12.
10. “Protective effects and mechanism of novel ligustrazine derivatives on vascular dementia” funded by National Science Foundation of China, 2006.1-2009.12.
RECENT PUBLICATION (2010-date)
1. Yan-Na Liu, Jing-Jing Wang, Ya-Ting Ji, Guo-Dong Zhao, Long-Qian Tang, Cheng-Mei Zhang, Xiu-Li Guo*, Zhao-Peng Liu*. Design, Synthesis, and Biological Evaluation of 1-Methyl-1,4-dihydroindeno[1,2-c]pyrazole Analogues as Potential Anticancer Agents Targeting Tubulin Colchicine Binding Site. J Medicinal Chemistry, 2016, 59 (11): 5341-55.
2. Xue Dong, Lu-Gang Yu, Rong Sun, Yan-Na Cheng, Hua Cao, Kang-Min Yang, Yi-Ning Dong, Yan Wu, Xiu-Li Guo*. Inhibition of PTEN expression and activity by angiotensinⅡinduces proliferation and migration of vascular smooth muscle cells. J. Cell Biochem. 2013, 114: 174-182.
3. Hao Zhang, Rong Sun, Xin-Yong Liu, Xiao-Ming Shi, Wen-Fang Wang, Lu-Gang Yu, Xiu-Li Guo*. A tetramethylpyrazinepiperazine derivate CXC137 prevents cell injury in SH-SY5Y cells and improves memory dysfunction of rats with vascular dementia. Neurochem Res. 2014, 39: 276-286.
4. Yu-Yin Lu, Jing-Jing Wang, Xin-Ke Zhang, Wen-Bao Li, Xiu-Li Guo*. 1118-20, an indazolediarylurea compound, inhibits hepatocellular carcinoma HepG2 proliferation and tumor angiogenesis involving Wnt/ß-catenin pathway and receptor tyrosine kinases. J Pharm Pharmacol. 2015, 67: 1393-1405.
5. Peng Zhang, Bei-BeiZheng, Hong-Yuan Wang, Jin-Hua Chen, Xin-Yong Liu, Xiu-Li Guo*. DLJ14, a novel chemo-sensitization agent, enhances therapeutic effects of adriamycin against MCF-7/A cells both in vitro and in vivo. J Pharm Pharmacol. 2014, 66 (3): 398-407.
6. Hong-Yuan Wang, Ying Zhang, Yue Zhou, Yu-Yin Lu, Wen-Fang Wang, Ming Xin, Xiu-Li Guo*. Rosiglitazone elevates sensitization of drug-resistant oral epidermoid carcinoma cells to vincristine by G2/M-phase arrest, independent of PPAR-γ pathway. Biomed Pharmacother2016, 83: 349-360.
7. Peng Zhang, Jin-Hua Chen, Xue Dong, Ming-Tan Tang, Li-Yan Gao, Gui-Sen Zhao, Lu-Gang Yu, Xiu-Li Guo*. 6r, a novel oxadiazole analogue of ethacrynic acid, exhibits antitumor activity both in vitro and in vivo by induction of cell apoptosis and S-phase arrest. Biomed. Pharmacother. 2013, 67: 58-65.
8. Li Zhai, Peng Zhang, Ren-Yuan Sun, Xin-Yong Liu, Wei-Guo Liu, Xiu-Li Guo*. Cytoprotective effects of CSTMP, a novel stilbene derivative, against H2O2-induced oxidative stress in human endothelial cells. Pharmacol. Rep. 2011, 63(6): 1469-1480.
9. Yu-Ning Song, Xiu-Li Guo*, Bei-BeiZheng, Xin-Yong Liu, Xue Dong, Lu-gang Yu,Yan-NaCheng. Ligustrazine derivate DLJ14 reduces multidrug resistance of K562/A02 cells by modulating GSTπ activity. Toxicol in vitro, 2011, 25: 937-943.
10. Wei-Guo Liu, Jun-Yi Zhao, Hao Zhang, Xin-Yong Liu,Xiu-Li Guo*. MSTMP, a stilbene derivative, protects SH-SY5Y cells against oxidative stress. Can J Neurolog Sci. 2014, 41: 382-388.
11. Yang Ou, Xue Dong, Xin-Yong Liu, Xian-Chao Cheng, Yan-Na Cheng, Lu-Gang Yu, Xiu-Li Guo*. Mechanism of Tetramethylpyrazine analogue CXC195 inhibition of hydrogen peroxide-induced apoptosis in human endothelialcells. Biol Pharm Bull 2010, 33 (3): 432-438.
12. Yang Ou, Xiu-Li Guo*, Li Zhai, Xin-Yong Liu, Yan-na Cheng. TMPDP, a tetramethylpyrazine derivative, protects vascular endothelial cells from oxidation damage by hydrogen peroxide. Pharmazie 2010, 65: 755-759.
13. Zhan-Qi Cao, Xiu-Li Guo*. The role of galectin-4 in physiology and diseases. Protein & Cell 2016, 7(5): 314-325. (review)
14. Hui-Hui Zhang, Xiu-Li Guo*. Combinational Strategies of Metformin and Chemotherapy in Cancers. Cancer Chemotherapeutic Pharmacology, 2016, 78(1):13-26. (review)
15. Lei Wang, Xiu-Li Guo*. Molecular regulation of galectin-3 expression and therapeutic implication in cancer progression. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016, 78: 165-171. (review)
16. Ming Xin, Xin-Wen Dong, Xiu-Li Guo*. Role of the interactions between galectin-3 and cell adhesion molecules in cancer metastasis. Biomed Pharmacother. 2015, 69: 179-185. (review)
17. Wen-Fang Wang, Jin-Hua Chen, Xiu-Li Guo*. The role of nerve growth factor and its receptors in tumorigenesis and cancer pain. Bioscience Trend 2014, 8(2): 68-74. (review)
18. Peng Zhang, Jin-hua Chen, Xiu-li Guo*. New insights into PTEN regulation mechanisms and its potential function in targeted therapies. Biomed Pharmaco 2012, 66(7): 485-490. (review)
19. Bei-Bei Zheng, Peng Zhang, Wei-Wei Jia, Lu-Gang Yu, Xiu-Li Guo*. Sorcin, a potential therapeutic target for reversing tumor multidrug resistance. J PhysiolBiochem2012, 68: 281-287. (review)
20. Hao Zhang, Yu-Ning Song, Wei-Guo Liu, Xiu-Li Guo*, Lu-Gang Yu. Regulation and role of organic anion-transporting polypeptides (OATPs) in drug delivery at the choroid plexus. J ClinNeurosci 2010, 17(6): 679-684. (review)
21. Jin-Hua Chen, Wen-Fang Wang, Hong-Yuan Wang, Xin-Yong Liu, Xiu-Li Guo*. Combination treatment of Ligustrazinepiperazine derivate DLJ14 and adriamycin inhibits progression of resistant breast cancer through inhibition of the EGFR/PI3K/Akt survival pathway and induction of apoptosis. Drug DiscovTher2014; 8(1):33-41.