Zhaopeng Liu, Ph.D, Professor
Department of Organic Chemistry,
Key Laboratory of Chemical Biology (Ministry of Education),
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Shandong University
No.44, Wenhuaxi Road, Jinan, 250012, P.R.China
Tel: 0086-531-88382006; Fax: 0086-531-88382548
1998--2001: Ph.D of Pharmacy, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Toyama Medical & Pharmaceutical University,
1987--1990: M. Sci., Faculty of Pharmacy, Shandong Medical University
1981--1985: B. Med., Faculty of Pharmacy, Shandong Medical College
2005--present: Professor, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Shandong University
2004--2005: JST Postdoctoral Fellow, Nagoya University (
2001--2004: Research Fellow, Chugai Pharmaceutical Company (
1995--1998: Visiting Scholar, Teikyo University (
1990--1995: Asistant Professor/Lecturer, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Shandong Medical University
1985--1987: Asistant Professor, Faculty of Pharmacy, Shandong Medical College
1. Design and Synthesis of Novel Targeted Anticancer Agents.
2. Design and Synthesis of Novel Anti-AD (Alzheimer’s disease) Drugs.
3. Bioactive Natural Products Based Drug Discovery, Including Novel Active Vitamin D3 Analogues as Tumor Cell Differentiation and Apoptosis Inducing Agents, Bone and Skin Diseases (Osteoporosis and Psoriasis).
1. The National Natural Science Foundation of
(Grant No. 81573275).
2. The National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 81172108, completed).
3. The National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 81072517, completed).
4. The National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 30873134, completed).
5. Shandong Provincial Natural Science Foundation (Y2007C125, completed).
6. Science and Technology Development Program of Shandong Province (2008GG10002005, , completed).
7. Shandong Provincial Natural Science Foundation (Key project: ZR2011CZ001, completed)
1. C.-C. Ma, Z.-P. Liu*: Design and synthesis of coumarin derivatives as novel PI3K inhibitors. Anti-Cancer Agents Med. Chem. 2017, 17(3), 395–403.
2. Y.-N. Liu, J.-J. Wang, Y.-T. Ji, G.-D. Zhao, L.-Q. Tang, C.-M. Zhang, X.-L. Guo*, Z.-P. Liu*: Design, synthesis, and biological evaluation of 1-methyl-1,4-dihydroindeno[1,2-c]pyrazole analogues as potential anticancer agents targeting tubulin colchicine binding site. J. Med. Chem. 2016, 59(11), 5341–5355.
3. G.-D. Zhao, Z.-P. Liu*: Structural revisions of the reported A-ring phosphine oxide synthon for ED-71 (Eldecalcitol) and a new synthesis. Tetrahedron, 2015, 71(42), 8033–8040.
4. Y.-L. Jiang, S.-X. Li, Y.-J. Liu, L.-P. Ge, X.-Z. Han*, Z.-P. Liu*: Synthesis and evaluation of trehalose-based compounds as novel inhibitors of cancer cell migration and invasion. Chem. Biol. Drug Des., 2015, 86(5), 1017–1029.
5. C. Liu, F. Xie, G.-D, Zhao, D.-F. Wang, H.-X. Lou*, Z.-P. Liu*: Synthetic studies towards 1α-hydroxysolasodine from diosgenin and the unexpected tetrahydrofuran ring opening in the Birch reduction process. Steroids, 2015, 104, 214–219.
6. C. Liu, G.-D. Zhao, X. Mao, T. Suenaga, T. Fujishima, C.-M. Zhang, Z.-P. Liu*: Synthesis and biological evaluation of 1α,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 analogues with aromatic side chains attached at C-17. Eur. J. Med. Chem. 2014, 85, 569–575.
7. X. Qiu, G.-D. Zhao, L.-Q. Tang, Z.-P. Liu*: Design and synthesis of highly potent HIV-1 protease inhibitors with novel isosorbide-derived P2 ligands. Bioorg. & Med. Chem. Lett. 2014, 24, 2465–2468.
8. G.-D. Zhao, Z.-P. Liu*: Stereoselective reduction of C-20 ketone of vitamin D CD-ring and a new synthetic approach to maxacalcitol. Steroids 2014, 88, 72–76.
9. K. Han, X. Xu, G. Chen, Y. Zeng, J. Zhu, X. Du, Z. Zhang, B. Cao, Z. Liu, X. Mao*: Identification of a promising PI3K inhibitor for the treatment of multiple myeloma through the structural optimization. J. Hematology & Oncology 2014, 7, 9.
10. S.-Q. Yin, M. Shi, T.-T. Kong, C.-M. Zhang, K. Han, B. Cao, Z. Zhang, X. Du, L.-Q. Tang, X. Mao*, Z.-P. Liu*: Preparation of S14161 and its analogues and the discovery of 6-bromo-8-ethoxy-3-nitro-2H-chromene as a more potent antitumor agent in vitro. Bioorg. & Med. Chem. Lett. 2013, 23, 3314–3319.