|Shandong University (SDU) divides every academic year into spring and autumn semesters, with the latter marking the commencement of the academic year. The autumn semester usually starts in September and ends in January of the following year while the spring semester usually begins in March and ends in June.
All programs taught in Chinese and some in English of SDU are available to international students, and the application time is between March and June. Except for some spring-semester programs specially designed for international students, other Chinese-taught and English-taught programs start in September. Detailed information can be found:
International students have the following options of studying at SDU for 2014 spring semester:
(1) Degree Program: MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery)
(2) Non-degree Program: Chinese Language Study
The following is detailed information about 2014 spring semester programs, application methods and etc.
Shandong University is one of the earliest universities that admit international students to M.B.B.S (Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery) in clinical medicine in China. According to the data released by Ministry of Education of P.R.China in 2008, Shandong University was one of the 25 universities accredited for enrolling international students for M.B.B.S in English. The training program was launched in 2002 at Shandong University School of Medicine（SDUSOM）. The aim of this six years program is to train highly qualified physicians and surgeons through lecturing, laboratory teaching and supervised clinical practice. The current international students of 285 at SUSOM come from 22 countries and regions in Asia, Europe, America, Africa and Australia, etc.
(1) Applicants must be Non-Chinese citizens in good health, and possess a valid and private passport.
(2) Applicants should have a high school diploma with a satisfactory academic performance.
13 November, 2013 - 5 January, 2014
(Reminder: Late applications will not be considered.)
Note: For 2014 academic year, we will open MBBS program both in spring and autumn semesters, which means you can also choose to apply between 15 March and 15 June, 2014.
(1) Please send us all application materials by email, mail or in person.
Mailing Address: International Students Admission Office
C-306 Mingde Building
No. 27 Shanda Nanlu,
Jinan, Shandong, P.R.China
(2) Admission information will be sent to applicants by email and original admission documents can be fetched in person or mailed to the address candidates provide. (Admission results of 2014 spring intake will be notified from Jan 10, 2014 to Jan 15, 2014 by email.)
(1) SDU application form for international students (Download.doc).
(2) One photocopy of your valid passport (photo page) with no less than 6 months’ validation period before expiration until registration day.
(3) Photocopy of senior high school graduation diploma in Chinese or English (Students expecting to graduate should provide an official letter stating expected graduation date, and submit the graduation diploma if admitted).
(4) Photocopy of official transcripts of senior high school in Chinese or English (including all courses taken and performance ranking).
(5) Language certificate: applicants from non-English speaking countries should provide certificate of IELTS or TOEFL. Applicants who obtained their last degree with English as the teaching language can also offer an official certificate of teaching language.
(6) Resume/Curriculum Vitae (Download.doc).
(7) Employment Certificate (Any one with working experience must offer this document).
(8) Personal Statement (including personal experience, study motivation, study plan and etc).
Registration will be in second half of March 2014 for spring semester, and in first half of October 2014 for autumn semester (to be specified in the admission notice). Successful applicants are required to register in SDU during the specified period.
(1) Registration fee: 400 RMB/year
(2) Tuition: 6-year program, 45,000 RMB/year
(3) Medical Insurance Premium: 600 RMB/year
Reminder: According to regulation of Ministry of Education, all international students must be covered by medical insurance plan throughout their entire planned period of study. Students are required to purchase the Comprehensive Insurance Plan of Foreign Students on the day of registration. Students who don’t have valid medical insurance will not be allowed to register.
On-campus accommodation for MBBS students is located on Bao Tu Quan campus, where the No. 200 Dormitory and No. 400 Dormitory are for the international students. The dorms in No. 200 Dormitory are single ones, equipped with TV, air-conditioner, cabinet and one bed in the room, with public kitchen, toilet and bathroom on each floor. The fee for this type is 30 RMB per day.
Double dorms are mainly in No. 400 building, equipped with TV, central air-conditioner, cabinet, bathroom and two separate single beds. The fee for this type is 25 RMB per day per person.
For further information regarding the accommodation for international students at SDU, you are welcome to contact: +86-(0)531-88380710 or send email to: email@example.com .
Students who are admitted must apply for study type of visa at the Chinese Embassy/Consulate in your country with the Admission Notice and JW201/202 form. International students who will study in China for less than 6 months should apply for X2 type of visa and those who will study in China for over 6 months are required to obtain ‘X1’ type of Visa, which will only be valid for 30 days after your arrival in China. You must come to the International Students Affairs Office to apply for a Residence Permit within these 30 days in order to obtain a legal stay in China.
★ International Students Admission Office, Dept. of International Affairs, SDU
（Degree Student, General/Senior Scholar and Academic Scholar）
Office No.: +86 (0)531-88364854 Fax: +86 (0)531-88565051
Website: http://www.ipo.sdu.edu.cn/ E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
★ College of International Education, SDU
（Chinese Language Study, Preparatory Chinese Study）
Office No.: +86 (0)531-88364535 Fax: +86 (0)531-88565623
Website: http://www.cie.sdu.edu.cn/ E-mail: email@example.com
★ Office of International Students Affairs, Dept. of International Affairs, SDU
（Visa, Registration and Students Affairs）
Office No.: +86 (0)531-88365879 Fax: +86 (0)531-88565051
Website: http://www.ipo.sdu.edu.cn/ E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
★ Foreign Affairs Service Center, Dept. of International Affairs, SDU
(International Students Accommodation)
Office No.: +86 (0)531-88365988, 88380710
Website: http://www.ipo.sdu.edu.cn/ E-mail: email@example.com
【Chinese Language Study Program】
For information about Chinese language study program, please contact:
College of International Education, SDU
Office No.: +86 (0)531-88364535 Fax: +86 (0)531-88565623
Website: http://www.cie.sdu.edu.cn/ E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org