Prof. Hongxiang Lou
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences Shandong University, Jinan 250012, China
Professor of Natural Product Chemistry
Dean of Key Laboratory of Chemical Biology, Ministry of Education
Vice president of Shandong University
1988.09-1991.07: Ph D, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University
1986.09-1988.07: M. Sci., Institute of Materia Medica，Shandong Academy of Medical Sciences
1981.09-1985.09: B. Sci., School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Shandong Medical University
2005.10-Present：Professor and Vice President of Shandong University
2000.7-2008.1: Professor and Dean, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Shandong University
1998.12-2000.6: Professor and Dean, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Shandong Medical University
1997.03-1998.11: Visiting scholar in National Institute of Bioscience and Human Technology, Agency of Industrial Science and Technology, Japan
1991.07-1997.12: Lecturer, Professor,School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Shandong Medical University
Natural Product Chemistry, Spectrometric Identification of Organic Compounds, Pharmaceutical Conspectus
(1) Bioactive Chemicals from Natural Products
(2) Biological Mechanisms of Natural Antifungal and Antitumor constituents
(3) Syntheses of Important Natural Compounds
Research Grant Support:
National Natural Science Funds for Distinguished Young Scholar（Grant No. 30925038）
National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 81273383; No. 81172956)
Key Program of National Natural Science Foundation of China（No. 30730109）
The National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 30672531; No. 30472072; No. 30271537; No.30070885)
National Major Special Program of New Drug Research and Development（No. 2009ZX09102-127）
Shandong Natural Science Funds for Distinguished Young Scholar (JQ200806)
Ministry of Science and Technology of China (No. 2007BAI29B02, No. 2006BAI06A01-05)
Major State Basic Research Development Program (No. 2006CB708512)
Major science and Technology Program of innovation in Shandong(No. 2006GG1102023)
1. Preparation and application of 7,2''-dehydrated derivative of puerarin (US8436155)
2. Application of riccardin D in preparing medicine for treating tumor and medicine for reversing multiple drug resistance in tumor cells (ZL2010101329427)
3. Preparation of nucleoside analogues with six-membered carbon ring structure as antiviral agents (ZL200610042184.3)
4. Reduction/amination product of genipin huperzine a, its preparation and application in treatment of neuronal degenerative diseases (ZL200610042130.7)
5. Bisbibenzyl compound plagiochin e and its extraction method and application (ZL 200410036045.0)
6. Bisbibenzyl compound 13, 13'-o-iso-propylidenericcardin and its extraction and separation method and use (ZL 200410036044.6)
Recent Representative Publications:
1. Liu XG，Sun B，Xie ZY， Qin XJ， Liu L，Lou HX*. Manganese dioxide-methanesulfonic acid promoted direct dehydrogenative alkylation of sp(3) C-H Bonds adjacent to a heteroatom, Journal of Organic Chemistry 2013, 78 (7): 3104-3112.
2. Wang YY, Wang LN, Hu ZY, Ji Y, Lin ZM , Yuan HQ, Ji M, Lou HX*. A novel derivative of riccardin D induces cell death through lysosomal rupture in vitro and inhibits tumor growth in vivo, Cancer Letters 2013, 329(2):207-216.
3. Zhang JZ, Zhu RX, Li G, Wang LN, Sun B, Chen WF, Liu L, Lou HX*. Interconversion of the pallambins through photoinduced rearrangement. Organic Letters 2012, 14, 5624-5627
4. Wang LN, Zhang JZ, Li X, Wang XN, Xie CF, Zhou JC, Lou HX*. Pallambins A and B, unprecedented hexacyclic 19-nor-secolabdane diterpenoids from the Chineseliverwort Pallavicinia ambigua. Organic Letters 2012, 14, 1102-1105.
5. Li G, Wang HY, Zhu RX, Sun LM, Wang LN, Li M, Li YY, Liu YQ, Zhao ZT, Lou HX*，Phaeosphaerins A-F, Cytotoxic Perylenequinones from an Endolichenic Fungus, Phaeosphaeria sp. Journal of Natural Products, 2012, 75, 142-147.
6. Li Y, Ma YK, Zhang L, Guo F, Ren L, Yang R, Li Y, Lou HX*，In vivo inhibitory effect on the biofilm formation of Candida albicans by liverwort derived riccardin D. PLoS One , 2012, 7(4), e35543.
7. Chang WQ, Li Y, Zhang L, Cheng AX, Lou HX*，Retigeric acid B attenuates the virulence of Candida albicans via inhibiting adenylyl cyclase activity targeted by enhanced farnesol production. PLoS One, 2012, 7(7), e41624.
8. Zhang L, Chang WQ, Sun B, Groh M, Speicher A, Lou HX*. Bisbibenzyls, a new type of antifungal agent, inhibit morphogenesis switch and biofilm formation through upregulation of DPP3 in Candida albicans. PLoS One, 2011, 6, e28953.
9. Wang YY, Gao J, Gu GF, Li G, Cui C, Sun B, Lou HX*. In situ RBL receptor visualization and its mediated anticancer activity for solasodine rhamnosides. ChemBioChem, 2011, 12, 2418-2420.
10. Li X, Wu WK, Sun B, Cui M, Liu S, Gao J, Lou HX*. Dihydroptychantol A, a macrocyclic bisbibenzyl derivative, induces autophagy and following apoptosis associated with p53 pathway in human osteosarcoma U2OS cells. Toxicol. Appl. Pharmacol. 2011, 251, 146-154.